Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Wire for KING Magazine



This is another painting I did for the same issue of KING Magazine. I really enjoyed working on this piece. It was a little challenging because in order to finish the four paintings within the time frame given, I had to work on all four of them at the same time. I worked on the Kanye and Jim Jones at once and then gave myself three days to finish The Wire painting, all while working on the last and final painting of T-Pain. This Wire painting will print on the bottom half of a page and will print a bit small in comparison to the size I painted it. Another challenge with the time given was painting three people together in a car at night . . . and to make them feel as if they're all in the same place at the same time. It was also important to capture the feel of an urban night scene while not seeing any of the city in the background. It was a fun challenge to tackle in only three days. I would have liked a little more time for detail, especially on the car, but for the time given, I'm happy with the end result.





Some of the sketches done in prep for the painting.